18 March 2020
I would like to provide an update on what action Jacks Machinery is taking to prioritise the health and wellbeing of both staff and customers in response to the latest developments of COVID-19.
We are committed to providing our customers, and all farmers, with first class sales, service and technical support to ensure they can continue to work the land. We are also committed to prioritising the health and wellbeing of all Jacks Machinery staff, customers, and our greater community.
Like many other New Zealand businesses, we’re being guided by the Ministry of Health who continue to provide up to date information on how to keep yourself and your families safe.
We are actively implementing preventative measures to keep our staff and customers safe. These measures include:
- Cancelling all domestic and international air travel for all staff, unless in extraordinary circumstances
- No Jacks Machinery staff have returned from overseas travel since Saturday 29 February 2020
- Had any staff member fallen into the above category then self-isolation for 14 days from the date that they departed the overseas destination would have been implemented
- The self-isolation policy will apply to any staff member who does need to travel overseas
- Withdrawing from all public events, including attending Central Districts, and National Field Days
- If you were planning on visiting our site, our dealerships remain open and are available to assist with any enquiries you have or support you require
- Encouraging the use of telephone, video calls, email, or text where these can replace face to face meetings
- Not knowingly require workers to go to a site/workplace where there are COVID-19 infected persons present
SOME TIPS FROM THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Wash your hands with soap and water often, for at least 20 seconds
- Cough or sneeze by covering your mouth and nose with tissues. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with more than 60 percent alcohol
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs
- Call Healthline on 0800 358 5453  if you have any symptoms and have been to any countries or territories of concern  or have been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19
Jacks Machinery is open for business and our after hours support remains available. you can reach us on 0800 77 88 99 for further contact information.
As the situation continues to develop, we will continue to keep you as informed as possible. For the latest updates to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) visit Ministry of Health for regular updates.